_/Far Away\_ _/Far Away\_

Nice.

The progression was great and I liked how the sounds flow in.
But somehow I can't get the intro. For me, was so much action into it and didn't build well with the rest of the track.
The bass appeared to be "haggish" after 3:30, but I know you can fix that.
In overall, nice song, with incredible harmony.

ShootingStar responds:

Thanks! And yes, I think the intro was a bit long for what I was doing.

ShootingStar

Zel - Hope (Relief Contest) Zel - Hope (Relief Contest)

asdf

Almost everything sounded great.

The piano pattern in the intro was a bit empty << in a good way :) >>, but between 0:36 - 0:41 was kind of off and repetitive. My suggestion is to put a soft string or pad with the melody in the intro, it will immediately "pull" the listener to the feeling of the chorus and you could manage other instruments to build up with the chords.

I found this flute louder in this song than your last work. But I don't know how I can exactly judge this because I lost my headphones and right now I'm using an older with crappy bass balance. Sorry.

In overall, nice song for this contest, much appreciated. Though, that things should be noted.

zelazon responds:

oh icic... well, the bass sounds fine to me... and the melody at 36 was suppose to be a lead-in for the 2ndary melody...

anyway, thx for the comment ^^

[Fiji] Blur [Fiji] Blur

Fantastic

Soft, delicate, beautiful mix of clean trance and dirty electronic-house bass, this managed sound really tasty in my ears. I liked most the effects introduced in the song, mainly in the pads. FXs worked very well. I think I have no critic about this, everything sounded very well until the end.

In overall, just fantastic.

thanks :)

Orchestral Metal Piece 1 Orchestral Metal Piece 1

Amazing

Amazing work as always, this song is very intensive, it got to my nerves brutally when became the build up and the drums, lol. The strings left well at the beginning, maybe I couldn't listen right in the chorus because the drums were somewhat loud, but that really isn't worth to the listener, this song is amazing, the drums let it some epicness, or maybe very much in my opinion :/

In overall, another amazing work from you, looking for more orquestral/metal epic themes :D

Gravey responds:

Thank you very much for the criticism and review. Much appreciated.

-Gravey-

Clear Skies {durn} Clear Skies {durn}

Nice try

The music itself is catchy as always, but for me the bass is very much deep and eletronic with this funky house kick.

Needs more work on the voice mix. You don't need too much vocoder and reeverb in a solid song to let a nice touch in your voice, because you can sometimes destroy it with a bad mix. Well, I am just saying that you made a good mix, but you can do better.

In overall, good first try. Hope to see more voice work from you soon.

durn responds:

:) Thanks for the critical review, Kauvin! I do agree, will be working more on powering my vocals with soul instead of vocoder on future songs. :D I added the effects cause well, I've never treated vocals before, was playing around. :d Will be more cautious in the future though! Thanks again for the solid review, Kauvin. :)

Zel - Enlightened Zel - Enlightened

Nice song indeed

In the intro, the instruments sounded very well, seemed to be a christmas song, which came the build up with the flute, like a song of new year!
The song itself is very good, my only suggestion is just play a bit more with the instruments in the chorus to not get too repetitive, but in overall nice song :)

9/10, 5/5

zelazon responds:

yea, I was thinking about doing that, but I haven't have much time to work on the songs like I want to especially with finals happening right now, I have to wait till like next week to work on it further, but I'll let you know if I do decide to update it.

Thx for the review anyway :D

Orchestral Theme 4 Orchestral Theme 4

Awesomne piece

Very well written and very well played, I liked the way the instruments were being used in harmony, ability and a little of action. That was just a sequel to enjoy the great effort you made, in my opinion, although this is a bit familiar than a good orchestral I usually hear. In overaIl, well made, I enjoyed the piece very well :)

9/10, 5/5

Gravey responds:

Glad you enjoyed the piece.

-Gravey-

Zel - Rememberance Zel - Rememberance

Good track

It was a decent song, but I think it needs some changes of instruments. The bass is good, besides to be a bit loud to be. Put some techno will be nice. The drums needs more practice, because lacked some notes. The piano is ok for me. In overall, this song be with more feeling, but anyway good job, 7/10

zelazon responds:

I kinda get what your saying... but thx for your comment anyway.

[Fiji] Hold One Last Breath [Fiji] Hold One Last Breath

Outstanding song

I had recently lost my headphones, I coudn´t enjoy without them, but well ... I found awesome the beginning part, and scored a point in the music that made him much better than the previous submission: the softness and relaxed automations. The techno and transitions was working as well. In overall, seems a good house for me.

I will try later to listen better when I get my headphones, but anyway a good job.
10/10, 5/5

MrFijiWiji responds:

haha no rush :), and i wud just like to thank you... you were one of my first fans, and uve stook with me for about a year :D

Better This Way ~ [Clean Mix] Better This Way ~ [Clean Mix]

Awesome

Seems you are improving the quality of your instruments, unless the main synth is a bit loud for me, but I thoroughly enjoyed this song as well as enjoyed your others. But, also this is little less atmospheric with the piano´s point, so I believe this song should be more sad :)

10/10, 5/5, great work.

MrFijiWiji responds:

thnx :)... this was more of a forigiving song... but not like a uplifting forgiving.. more like " im done with this"